Aurora Borealis pendant... a handcrafted necklace of the Northern Lights. 925 Silver Inukshuk friendship gift. Inukshuk stand as eternal symbols of the importance of friendship and remind us of our dependence on one another. A perfect gift for a special friend! Handcrafted with mixed media, this Inukshuk pendant necklace is reminiscent of Canada's Arctic landscapes with their twinkling Northern Lights (known in the Northern Hemisphere as Aurora Borealis). Surrounded by ice and snow, an Inukshuk points the way in this barren land of the Inuit people. Wear on Earth Day, gift a Winter Birthday or celebrate the Global Traveler.
* Your pendant will be handcrafted and just for you. As shown in Photo 2, options are available in the drop-down menu.
- hand painted on Mother of Pearl, a natural shell disc
- 925 Silver Inukshuk charm, about .5 " long (1.5 cm)
- Silver Plated wire-wrapping may be added to support Inukshuk
- Antiqued Silver barrel bead or shards of natural shell
* Prior to shipping (or purchasing if you wish), a photo will be sent to you for approval.
* Necklace Options...
The pendant pictured hangs from a 24-inch Blue suede leather lace. Please choose your necklace length from the drop-down menu. An additional 2-inches is added for tying at the back of your neck. A variety of lace colors are available and Faux Suede lace is also available on request.
* Packaging Options...
- Receive your pendant in a muslin pouch, White organza bag or metallic Silver pouch. Please message me your preference.
- Choose to gift your jewelry in a sleek Silver or Blue, vinyl-covered metal case. This option is available at checkout.
- All options include a gift tag for your use.
- Jewelry is secured and packaged for safe travel. Unwrap and release your pendant carefully to avoid damage.
More about Inukshuk...
An Inuit word meaning, in the image of man. One of their purposes is to serve as directional markers on the treeless horizons to guide those who followed. Waiting to welcome travelers and left behind to say “I passed this way”.
About Northern Lights...
The lights of the aurora are actually collisions between electrically charged particles from the sun that enter the earth's atmosphere. Known as 'Aurora Borealis' in the north, the lights are seen above the magnetic poles of the northern hemisphere. Auroral displays appear in many colors although pale green and pink are the most common. Shades of red, yellow, green, blue, and violet have been reported. The lights appear in many forms from patches or scattered clouds of light to streamers, arcs, rippling curtains or shooting rays that light up the sky with an eerie glow. (credit Wikipedia)
- Your handpainted pendant will not like direct contact with soap, water, cosmetics, perfume etc. A good rule of thumb is to put it on last and about 30 minutes after your products have been applied.
- Storing your necklace in the container provided is recommended.
Please refer to Shipping Policies. If you have questions about buying an item, follow this link or contact me http://www.etsy.com/help_guide_checkout.php
Thanks for visiting my corner of the world...
* posted prices include Canadian sales taxes
* receive a 10% coupon for a future purchase
Aurora Borealis jewelry, Handpainted northern lights, 925 Silver Inukshuk, Mother of Pearl, Arctic Canada, Earth Day, Winter birthday, Friend gift
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 0 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
* I ship using Canada Post and have estimated how long it will take for your order to arrive. Packages often arrive sooner, but unfortunately I have no control once your order is in the mail. Hopefully, we'll both be surprised by the efficiency of yours and my postal services!
* For jewelry being shipped outside Canada, Customs requires that the content and value of the package be declared ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE PACKAGE.
* I cannot be responsible for delays due to customs.
* Buyers are responsible for any State or Provincial taxes.
* Customs and import taxes that may apply are also the buyers responsibility.
* Purchases made at the same time and to the same shipping address may be sent as one shipment.
* Custom orders are welcome.
* If you are purchasing jewelry and have metal allergies, please let me know, for a variety of ear wire and clasp options are available. While all products I use are lead-free and the earring wires, bracelet and necklace closures are nickel free, if Sterling Silver is used, it may have a small percentage of nickel in it.
* I want you to be happy with your purchase but if for any reason you are not satisfied, please contact me within 3 days after your package arrives. I will try my best to resolve any issues you might have.
Please message me your request if your jewelry needs to be customized...
* Length of Earrings often may be adjusted.
* Bracelet length may often be adjusted. Your bracelet size is your wrist measurement plus 0.5" for added comfort.
* Recommended necklace length is usually posted on each listing, but may be adjusted on request.
* Your jewelry will be secured for safe travel. Please open carefully to avoid damaging your purchase.
* A gift tag for your use is included.
* Receive your purchase in a muslin sack, organza bag with satin drawstrings or a metallic pouch. If you have a preference, please message me.
* Your jewelry will be secured for safe travel. Please release with care to avoid damaging your purchase.
* Your jewelry was made with TLC and will appreciate a little extra care from you too. It will not like direct contact with soap, water, cosmetics and perfume products. A good rule of thumb for any kind of jewelry is to put it on last and about 10 minutes after you've used beauty products.
Postal Services during normal times...
* Order by December 10th for shipping to Canadian and USA addresses.
* Order by December 1st for other locations.
After these dates, additional x-press shipping fees will be needed to have your order arrive in time for Christmas. You can message me if you wish to pursue this route. Thanks!